Monday, November 3, 2008

Week 5 - Multimedia

Well, I've seen and heard a lot of podcasts/vodcasts, and I'm known to my friends as the nerd who still uses disposable cameras, so I thought I'd take a look into picture sharing. I mean, I'm no stranger to the concept, and I do like people to see my pictures. The mini-video was right...no one looks through photo albums! I'm a photo-taker dinosaur!

I think it is really great to be able to tag photos and share them with friends and family and also have a back-up on the Internet in case of a computer crash. Last year, my beloved computer crashed and I almost lost all my documents, pictures (I do actually own a digital camera, however, rarely used), etc. The IT guys at my dad's work managed to save them for me, but it would have been nice to have other access to them just in case. Plus, I'm sure my friends would really love if they could just find my pictures anytime rather than having to listen to me say, "You'd love this picture... I just have to find it."

As with most things on the Internet, flickr seems pretty easy to use. And, it is an added bonus that I get to pick who can see my photos. Perhaps I'll make a break out of the Jurassic age and join the "real" world! ;)

1 comment:

Cindy Hart said...

Great Job! I changelle you to post a picture to your blog.